Non-GSU Workshop Attendees
We currently welcome workshop attendees who are not affiliated with GSU, including attendees from other Metro-Atlanta colleges and universities, GSU alumni, and general community members.
- GSU affiliates are given first priority for seats at workshops. If necessary, non-GSU attendees will be required to forfeit their seats to GSU affiliates if GSU affiliates arrive by the scheduled starting time.
- In the future we may choose to limit our workshop attendance to current GSU affiliates only, should increasing attendance numbers require it.
- Effective Fall 2019 semester going forward, RDS workshops will no longer have registration but instead will be first-come-first-serve: The first 25 people to arrive *on time* will be able to attend the workshop.
- NOTE: GSU affiliates are given first priority for seats at workshops. If necessary, non-GSU attendees will be required to forfeit their seats to GSU affiliates if GSU affiliates arrive by the scheduled starting time.
- Arrive at the downtown GSU campus no later than 20 minutes prior to the workshop's starting time to ensure that you get through security (please see the Library Visitor Access Policy for admittance information and required identification) and arrive at the Classroom 2 computer lab in time for the instructor to log you in prior to the workshop starting time.
- If you are going to arrive more than 5 minutes after the workshop starting time, please consider not attending and look for the workshop on another day/time. Instructors must log you in to the computers as visitors, and our workshops require attendees to download multiple files before the workshop begins. Instructors cannot be expected to interrupt their workshop to assist you with these tasks, nor should you disrupt other attendees' experience of the workshop by expecting them to assist you.
- NOTE: Workshop instructors may choose to refuse admittance to those arriving more than 5 minutes late.
- RDS workshops are in Classroom 2 unless otherwise indicated on the calendar posting. The Classroom 2 computer lab is in the Library North building, on the 2nd floor, in the northeast corner area *above* the Saxby's coffee shop.
- From Library North entrance: Take the elevators or stairs to the second floor, then proceed to the northeast corner area (beyond the windows that overlook the plaza), where you'll find the Classroom 2 computer lab.
- From Library South entrance: Go up the short flight of stairs or ramp just within the Library South entrance, go across the bridge/link (crossing over Decatur Street) to the Library North building, before the staircase go off to the right and walk to the northeast corner, where you'll find the Classroom 2 computer lab.
Can non-GSU researchers get one-on-one assistance outside of the workshops?
RDS Team members do not offer one-on-one assistance (either face-to-face, via email or other virtual modes, or over the phone) to non-GSU researchers as a general practice, because it is not sustainable for them to open their one-on-one services up that widely.