Non-GSU People and GSU Alumni Workshop Attendees
We currently welcome workshop attendees who are not affiliated with GSU or are GSU Alumni, including attendees from other Metro-Atlanta colleges and universities, general community members, and beyond.
- In-person RDS workshops have registration *but* they are first-come-first-serve: The first 25 people to arrive *on time* will be able to attend the workshop. Even if you're registered, if you arrive late, you may be required to forfeit your seat to someone that arrived on time. The following exception also applies for non-GSU and GSU alumni attendees:
- Current GSU affiliates are given first priority for seats at workshops. If necessary, non-GSU and GSU alumni attendees will be required to forfeit their seats to GSU affiliates if GSU affiliates arrive by the scheduled starting time. In the future we may choose to limit our workshop attendance to current GSU affiliates only, should increasing attendance numbers require it.
- Arrive at the downtown GSU campus no later than 20 minutes prior to the workshop's starting time to ensure that you (1) get through security -- see the Visitor Access Policy (under Conduct & Visiting) for admittance information and required identification, and (2) arrive at the Classroom 2 computer lab in time for the instructor to log you in prior to the workshop starting time.
- If you are going to arrive more than 5 minutes after the workshop starting time, please consider not attending and look for the workshop on another day/time. Instructors must log you in to the computers as visitors, and our workshops require attendees to download multiple files before the workshop begins. Instructors cannot be expected to interrupt their workshop to assist you with these tasks, nor should you disrupt other attendees' experience of the workshop by expecting them to assist you.
- NOTE: Workshop instructors may choose to refuse admittance to those arriving more than 5 minutes late.
- If no one has arrived for the workshop by 15 minutes after the start time, the workshop will be canceled. This applies to both online and in-person workshops.
Can GSU Alumni or Non-GSU people earn the GSU Data Ready! Badges?
No. Only current GSU students, faculty, and staff can earn the GSU Data Ready! Badges. GSU Alumni and Non-GSU people CANNOT earn badges because the badge system is tied to having a current and active CampusID.
Can GSU Alumni and Non-GSU people still attend data workshops?
Yes. GSU alumni and Non-GSU people are welcome to attend live workshops or recorded workshops.