1) Start out by searching for library.gsu, click the link on GSU web sites, or or type the URL into your browser's locator bar.
2) The big, Discovery box is your gateway to a articles as well as books, ebooks, and video recordings.
3) To use the big box, type in your topic and click Search.
4) The Discover box presents reults in groups of twenty (20), and you will probably have more results than you can use.
You can reduce the quantity and increase the quality with the options on the left of the page.
a) From Source Types select Academic Journals, Magazines, and/or Show More lets you select more than one category at once.
b) Change the date on the left side of the date slider to get rid of older material.
5) Because the library has many databases and journal subscriptions, don't limit to Full Text. The Find-It buttons often lead to full text articles too!
6) For instructions on refining your search strategy, please visit Step by Step with Academic Search Complete. The strategy outlined in that handout also works with the big Discover Box.