Back to Science Research for Nonmajors.
Have you looked atStep by Step for Finding Books and Using Popular Databases,
Back to Handouts for You
Search Statistical Abstract of the U.S..
Statistical Abstract of the United States offers US government-provided data, The ProQuest version of this resource, can still be a bit confusing. Here is how to search it step by step.
1) Go to the Library web page. http://library.gsu.edu. Statistical Abstract is a ProQuest product, so the big search box doesn't reach it.
2) Instead, click S in the alphabet below the big search/discovery box
3) Scroll down to Statistical Abstract of the United States and select it.
1) Scroll through the table of contents on the left side of the page.
2) Select a subject area that interests you.
3) Browse subjects on the left side of the page, though they often don't all display until you narrow your options by opening up one of the Breakdown by categories above them.
4) Choose a table from the main part of the page.
5) Look it over very carefully. What does it measure:
See image below.
6) Scroll down to see your table's Durable URL and its MLA citation.
7) There are download, print, and email icons at the top of the page.
8) To find another table, click the Back to Results link in the top left corner.
9) For a completely fresh search, click Statistical Abstract of the U.S. in the blue ribbon at the top of the page.
1) Put your topic in the search bar at the top of the page. For current information, make sure the scroll box to the left of the search box is set to 2017 Edition.
2) Click the black magnifying glass in a blue box to start your search.
3) Then follow steps 3 through 9 in the section above this one.