Back to Science Research for Nonmajors.
Have you looked atStep by Step for Finding Books and Using Popular Databases,
Back to Handouts for You
Search Proquest ABI/Inform.
ABI/Inform is the definitive business database. Even if you are not a business student, ABI Inform offers readable information about: science, new inventions, technology, and regulation as well as the full text of the Wall Street Journal’s Eastern and Online editions.
1) Start with the A-Z list of databases below the big discover box on the library web page
2) Select A.
3) ABI/Inform is one of the first choices. Click its blue link to begin searching.
4) A typical college level search often involves two ideas, for example drones in warehouses.
|You need to turn this topic into a statement that ABI Inform understands by combining the main ideas with AND. Drones in warehouses can become drones AND warehouses or if you prefer drones AND logistics (a business term meaning shipping and delivery). You can also use "quotes" to bind "phrases together," for example "unmanned aerial vehicles" for drones.|
5) Select the Full Text box before going further.
6) Type in your search. Click the white magnifying glass in the turquoise box to start your search.
7) Proquest presents results in groups of 20.
8) There are hints for improved searching in the light gray box at the top of the results list. Click more to see all the "hints."
9) You can narrow to Full Text, Magazines etc.... with the facets on the left side of the page. Note: trade journals are can be an excellent source of short, insightful articles.
10) And you can remove older articles, by sliding the knob toward the right in the turquoise date graph in the facet box on the left of the page.
11) You can move between pages with the Next Page and Previous Pagelinks at the bottom of the window, or you can choose a page number.
12) Open articles by clicking on their blue titles.
13) To see PDF versions of articles, select the PDF icon.
|15) To print your article, click the blue print link in the light gray box on the right of the page.|