Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Systematic Review PowerPoint Presentation
Systematic Review Checklist
Issues to consider when creating a systematic review search:
- All concepts are included in the strategy
- All appropriate subject headings are used
- Appropriate use of explosion
- Appropriate use of subheadings and floating subheadings
- Use of natural language (text words) in addition to controlled vocabulary terms
- Use of appropriate synonyms, acronyms, etc.
- Truncation and spelling variation as appropriate
- Appropriate use of limits such as language, years, etc.
- Field searching, publication type, author, etc.
- Boolean operators used appropriately
- Line errors: when searches are combined using line numbers, be sure the numbers refer to the searches intended
- Check indexing of relevant articles
- Search strategy adapted as needed for multiple databases
Adapted from UTA Systematic Review Guide: Step 2. Systematic Searching https://libguides.uta.edu/systematicreviews/searching