Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
University System of Georgia Copyright Policy
- Instructors know details of the work and its intended use, so the instructor must evaluate whether permissions or a license are needed or whether the use of the work is a fair use. Instructors must fill out Fair Use Checklist for each work relying on fair use, and must KEEP A COPY that can be produced upon request.
- Instructors must provide a citation for the work. It will not be posted without attribution.
- If the library does not have a copy, the instructor must provide a lawful copy. Photocopies are not acceptable.
- The library will password restrict access to the work.
- The library will terminate access at the end of the semester, and remove the materials.
- There is no charge for use of e-reserves.
- Where the work is already licensed by the library, a link to the work will be used instead of a copy.
- Instructors can submit requests for items to be placed on e-reserve online.
- Students can access e-reserves online.
Course Management System (iCollege/D2L)
- The USG Copyright Policy applies to:
- Course Management Systems
- Faculty/Departmental Websites
- Course Management Systems are not face-to-face teaching
- The Library does not manage Course Management Systems.
- Instructors must tell students not to copy or distribute works in the CMS.