Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Creating persistent URLs in JStor
To create a persistent URL in JSTOR, add the OpenAthens prefix in front of JSTOR's stable URL by following these steps:
- Search for the specific item in JSTOR.
- Click the title for the item that you want to link to.
- Look at the item details in the left column.
- The stable URL is located above the "cite this item" option.
Here’s an example of a stable URL in JSTOR: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3180864
- Copy the stable URL in a Word document or somewhere that you can edit it.
- Paste the OpenAthens prefix: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/gsu.edu?url= in front of the given stable URL
The finished persistent URL looks like this:
Denise George Dimsdale
Subjects:*Publishing and Open Access
, Counseling and Psychological Services
, Early Childhood and Elementary Education
, Educational Policy Studies
, Educational Psychology, Special Education, and Communication Disorders
, Kinesiology & Health Education
, Learning Sciences
, Middle & Secondary Education