To create a persistent URL in JSTOR, add the OpenAthens prefix in front of JSTOR's stable URL by following these steps:
- Search for the specific item in JSTOR.
- Click the title for the item that you want to link to.
- Look at the item details in the left column.
- The stable URL is located above the "cite this item" option.
Here’s an example of a stable URL in JSTOR: http://www.jstor.org/stable/3180864
- Copy the stable URL in a Word document or somewhere that you can edit it.
- Paste the OpenAthens prefix: https://go.openathens.net/redirector/gsu.edu?url= in front of the given stable URL
The finished persistent URL looks like this: