Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Open for Student Success 2023
Georgia State University mini-conference sponsored by the University Library
This free, online mini- conference allows GSU faculty (and others) to share their stories and wisdom and allows attendees to learn more about OER, whether they are new to the OER world or experienced OER users. Georgia State University is one of eleven institutions accepted in the the Open Stax Institutional Partnership for FY2023. During this year, we are focusing on increasing awareness and use of openly licensed and affordable resources to increase student success and address diversity, equity, inclusion and representation issues related to course materials.
When: March 3, 2023 (half day)
Where: Online via WebEx
Who: GSU Faculty, Staff, and Students
- 45 minute sessions/panels
- 10 minute real-time lightning talks with 5 minute Q&A
- 10 minute recorded lightning talks available on demand
- 45 minute panel discussion with students about textbook costs and their experiences with OER
- OER basics: Copyright, Creative Commons, and OER
- OER success stories
- Collaboration on OER projects
- Adaptation or authorship of OER
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion in OER
- OER and STEAM
- OER and educational affordability
- Open pedagogy projects
- Student voices: We are interested in hearing from students about their experiences with textbook affordability (or lack thereof) as well as OER and open pedagogy projects. Please feel free to submit a presentation that includes students and/or recommend students to us so we can invite them to participate in a panel.
- Faculty Panels: We are looking for faculty who have experience with OER/open pedagogy to participate in panels by discipline. If we get more than 4 faculty for each panel, we will either create multiple panels or select faculty to have a broad representation.
- Social Sciences
- Arts & Humanities
- Others if suggested
Registration opens February 10 and is open to GSU faculty, staff, and students.
Pre-registration is encouraged (and it gives us a way to email you updates!) but you may register the day of the event.
Call for Proposals
Proposals are accepted from GSU Faculty, Staff, and Students until February 1, 2023.
See our Call for Proposals page for more information.