Subject Librarians support faculty teaching and research via workshops, consultations, in-classroom instruction sessions, and online research guides. Here are a few of the ways subject librarians can help:
- Develop your students' information literacy skills to help them more effectively find, evaluate, and use scholarly and non-scholarly resources to research a topic;
- Build library collections that support your research and teaching;
- Find and assist with access to relevant data, primary, and secondary sources needed for your research and teaching;
- Assist with and teach citation management tools, journal search alerts, and other applications to streamline the research process;
- Identify potential avenues for publication and dissemination of your scholarship, including ScholarWorks@GSU, Georgia State's institutional repository, as well as other open-access alternatives.
The Research Data Services (RDS) Team offers additional assistance on data analysis tools & methods, mapping & data visualization, finding data & statistics, survey design, and data management.