Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using Quick Search
Quick search is the default interface for the Reaxys database, and it accepts a variety of search types.
Try searching with:
- Keywords or a phrase
- e.g. "preparation of porphyrine" or "Suzuki coupling"
- Substance name
- e.g. "aspirin" or "Coumadin"
- Molecular formula
- CAS # (Chemical Abstract Services Number)
- e.g. "102625-70-7"
- The CAS # is a unique identifier for a substance, and is used consistently across many other science databases, including SciFinder, PubChem, and SDBS.
- Structure drawing
- Use the structure editor to draw, insert, or upload the structure you want to search.
- If you are uploading/importing a structure to the editor, Reaxys accepts several file types
- There is also an "Insert by Name" feature so you can add a known structure to the editor automatically