Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Discover Tool (journal articles from databases)
The DISCOVER tool on the library homepage allows you to search multiple sources and the library catalog at once.
Things you should know:
- It does not include the many history-related databases, including: America History and Life, Annals of American History, and Salem History.
- Boolean operators (AND, OR, NOT) are optional
- Use limiters to narrow to Full-Text and Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Journals.
- It automatically searches within the full text of articles, but not the entire text of books.
- It includes GIL-Find@GSU resources, including books and DVDs.
- It does not give you the same limiters as searching individual databases.
- Advanced Search lets you narrow by discipline and assists you with more complex searching.
Specific Databases to Try
You may find more of what you need on your topic within a specialized subject-specific database. Below you will find a list of suggested starting points. You can also browse databases by subject using a pull-down menu on the GSU Library Homepage to find additional resources.
America: History & Life
If your topic centers on a past social movement in the United States, this might be a great place to start!
History Reference Center
This database covers both U.S. and world history. You will find the articles on the Equal Rights Amendment and the Women's Liberation Movement here.
Films on Demand
A video resource for visually exploring specific movements. Try using the search term ACTIVISM.