GSU faculty: English faculty, please access the textbook through iCollege. If they need help accessing it, or are non-English GSU faculty, then they can contact the English department for help.
Students and visitors:
Successful College Composition is Perimeter College's Freshman Composition textbook, with text and exercises created and adapted by Perimeter College faculty. Derived from Writing for Success by the Saylor Foundation, the 2016 revision was made possible with a grant from Affordable Learning Georgia.
Note: This archived edition is included for reference, but portions are out of date.
The original e-text was produced under a Creative Commons CC BY-NC-SA 3.0 License, adapted from Writing for Success at Saylor.org.
In a Creative Commons License, the copyright holder shares their work under conditions stated by the license. The BY-NC-SA 3.0 License requires attribution and non-commercial use of the work and any derivatives, and requires that any derivative works be produced with the same license. The creators of Writing for Success has included in their work a non-attribution statement, meaning that the original creator is not identified.
· Lower the cost of education
· Increase student engagement (include interactive elements)
· Create content which is multimedia rich (can start simple and add multimedia later)
· Embed assessment tools into learning content
· Can be embedded in iCollege classes
· Not bound to a particular timeline
· Transferrable to other institutions
Comply with copyright