Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
GIL: Searches only items in the GSU Library
GIL Universal Catalog: Searches the contents of 35 academic libraries in Georgia
WorldCat: Searches 10,000 libraries worldwide.
Search the GSU Library Catalog
Search the GSU Library GIL-Find Catalog
Note: Using this feature will take you away from this subject guide.
- Use quotes to search for phrases:
- Use * for wild card searches:
- myst* will return mystic, mystics, mystical, and mysticism
- Use AND and OR to narrow or broaden your search. Note: AND and OR must be ALL caps:
- primal AND primitive - to retrieve results that include both terms
- primal OR primitive - to retrieve results that contain either term
- You can create more complex searches by using the words AND and OR in combination
- religion AND politics AND "women's rights"
Where's My Book?
When you search GIL-Find, GSU Library's Online catalog, get this information to find the book:
- Call number
- Status (Checked Out, Not Checked Out, Renewed, etc.)
The following web page provides additional information
* * * * * *
Wondering what all those letters and numbers mean?
Check out the Library of Classification Outline to see what the letters-followed-by-numbers mean!