Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Business Law Database
Westlaw Campus Research
A comprehensive database of legal materials including federal and state statutes, codes, regulations, and case law materials. Includes articles from legal journals, detailed company and financial data, as well as state, national, and international journals and newspapers.
Business Law News
Search or browse for articles in major news sources.
Search a wide range of business publications.
1) Use the Search Builder screen
2) Create a search in the Free Text box
- Boolean Connectors- Use the connectors OR and AND to broaden or narrow your search.
- Narrow search: health care AND illegal immigrants
- Broaden Search: illegal aliens OR illegal immigrants
- Nesting- Use parentheses with Boolean connectors to create sophisticated search strings
- health care AND (illegal immigrants OR illegal aliens)
- Truncation- Use truncation symbol to look for multiple word endings
- legislat$ = legislation, legislator, legislative etc.
3) Select a date range and select a source
Factiva - One Stop for Business News
Full-text access to Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Washington Post, Barrons, BusinessWeek, Forbes, and Fortune all one page. Click on the Newspages tab inside the database.
Search through all the publications by keyword or browse by section. Covers the last 2-3 weeks/issues.
Here is what you'll see: