Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ORCID provides an independent identifier that links you to your professional work!
Publishers, funders and other organizations are increasingly adopting or supporting ORCID as a key tool to organize research and information.
How ORCID Promotes Your Scholarship
- ORCID (Open Research and Contributor ID) provides a persistent digital identifier (an ORCID iD) that distinguishes each researcher from all other researchers, especially individuals with similar names.
- ORCID iDs are used in research workflows, like manuscript and grant submissions, to create links between people and their professional activities in an open and publicly visible way.
Register for an ORCID iD and Connect it to Your GSU ID
If you do not have an ORCID iD, go to the ORCID sign-in page and click on Register Now to create a personal account.
Once you have an account, you affiliate your ORCID iD with GSU.
- Return to the ORCID sign-in page and choose Institutional Login.
- Login to the GSU portal with your CampusID and Password.
- Link your Georgia State University account to your ORCID record - enter your personal account information.