Why a Data
- Your grant funding agency requires one.
- You want your data to be well-organized during and after your research project.
- You want other researchers to be able to discover and reuse your data.
- You want your data to be preserved and archived.
- National Science Foundation (NSF) - DUE DATES
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) - DUE DATES
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Education - Institute of Education Sciences (IES)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Institute of Justice (NIJ)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
With the DMPTool, you can
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plan
- Learn about resources and services available at your institution to fulfill the data management requirements of their grants
The DMPTool provides
- guided help
- customized, ready-to-use templates
- proper formatting for your plan (including labels/headings)
- the ability to export your final version as plain text or rich text
On the DMPTool site, click Log In, then select Georgia State University from the dropdown menu and click the Next button. You'll then be routed to GSU's login page - login with your CampusID and password. You'll theb be routed back to the DMPTool.
Starting a new Data Management Plan, or DMP
In your My Dashboard, click the Create new DMP button, click the Select Template button, and then select the appropriate funding agency AND, if applicable, specific directorate withint that funding agency to make sure you are including the required headings/sections for that directorate.
And, every page of the DMPTool should have the below links to the GSU Library's online help guide and to send us, the Data Management Advisory Team, an email.
GSU University Research Services & Administration (URSA)
URSA has staff and resources to assist you throughout the whole grant process.