Why a Data
- Your grant funding agency requires one.
- You want your data to be well-organized during and after your research project.
- You want other researchers to be able to discover and reuse your data.
- You want your data to be preserved and archived.
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Endowment for the Humanities Office of Digital Humanities (NEH ODH)
With the DMPTool, you can
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plan
- Learn about resources and services available at your institution to fulfill the data management requirements of their grants
Georgia State University is a contributing institution. First-time users will be prompted to provide additional information.
Under My Plans, select your funding agency and/or directorate:
The DMPTool provides
- guided help
- customized, ready-to-use templates
- proper formatting for your plan (including labels/headings)
- the ability to export your final version as plain text or rich text