With the DMPTool, you can
- Create ready-to-use data management plans for specific funding agencies
- Meet requirements for data management plans
- Get step-by-step instructions and guidance for data management plan
- Learn about resources and services available at your institution to fulfill the data management requirements of their grants
The DMPTool provides
- guided help
- customized, ready-to-use templates
- proper formatting for your plan (including labels/headings)
- the ability to download your final version as a text file, Word doc, or PDF to append to your grant proposal
STEP 1: Sign In to DMPTool
- On the DMPTool site: In the Sign In Email Address field, type your GSU email > click Continue button > click Sign in with Institution (SSO) button.
- You'll be routed to GSU's login page - login with your CampusID and password.
- You'll be routed back to the DMPTool and signed in.
STEP 2: Start a new Data Management Plan, or DMP
- Click the Create plan link or button to start a new DMP.
- Give your DMP a name.
- Select the appropriate primary funding organization for the grant,
- AND, if applicable, specific directorate within that funding organization to make sure you are including the required headings/sections for that directorate.
- Click Create plan button.
STEP 3: Write Sections of your DMP, using Guidance Questions to make sure you address important points for each section.
- Click the Write Plan tab -- you'll see the appropriate template, with the appropriate sections, for your funding organization and, if applicable, the specific directorate within that funding organization.
- Be sure to look to the Guidance area for funding organization guidance but, perhaps more importantly, the DMPTool guidance tab that gives even more detailed questions/points you should consider addressing in the section.
STEP 4: Download your DMP to Word to attach to your grant proposal.
OPTIONAL: Share access to your DMP in DMPTool to collaborate on writing.