Both the Library South and Library North (new!!) entrances are open.
**You need your PantherCard to enter the Library buildings.**
Non-GSU visitors are now welcome in the Library but must provide a government-issued photo ID to access the Library.
GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan for books are available.
We are now offering print and audiovisual reserves.
Access to books, A/V resources, and GIL Express/ILL materials are still available through Express Pickup (i.e., curbside pickup).
Click here for information on Express Pickup. This service is available to all GSU faculty/staff/students.
Special Collections & Archives is open to researchers by appointment only;
please contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Saxby's Coffee is currently open.
All of our electronic resources remain open!
- For a list of our online databases, see the Databases by Name list on the library's homepage.
- You can also sort our databases by subject area using the Databases by Subject dropdown on the library's home page.
- You can search for electronic books in the library's catalog. The Books tab on this guide has information on how to search for ebooks, and on other electronic-book collections being made available.
- You can place Interlibrary Loan requests for articles and for book chapters/sections (which can be requested and delivered electronically).This includes articles and chapters held in GSU's print collections.
- You can view films through our four streaming services: Academic Video Online (AVON) [new!], Kanopy, Films on Demand, and SWANK. (The library is not able to provide access to commercial streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
And you can still get help!
- You're here! Check out the resources on this research guide.
- Reference assistance is available at the Research Support Desk on Library North 1 from 12pm - 6pm Monday through Thursday.
- Virtual reference: the blue "Ask Us" button on the right-hand side of this page (on the library's homepage, it will be a red "Chat with Us" button) will take you to our chat reference service, staffed by reference librarians from
- 9am - 8pm Monday-Thursday
- 9am - 2pm Fridays
- We have an extensive list of library FAQs which is available for research assistance 24/7. FAQs related to using the library during social distancing are collected here.
- You can contact me directly via email -- click the Email link in the box with my photo in it or email me directly at email@example.com. As always, email is the best way to start with me, but we can also make an appointment to meet via WebEx.
- My Spring 2022 in-person office hours are in the Department of Communication, 25 Park Place Room 825, on Tuesdays from 2pm - 4pm. ***Please let me know if you want to drop in during these hours, as I will have to let you into the Communication department.***
- In-person consultations and instruction are possible; however, all in-person consultations will need to be scheduled in advance since I will need to reserve an office space for in-person meetings.