Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
ChemDraw Version 17+ | Log In or Create an Account
ChemDraw Version 16 | Log In or Create an Account
*Note*: GSU ChemDraw licenses are managed by the Chemistry Department, not the library.
For license issues, please contact the GSU Technology Service Desk or Chemistry IT. For assistance with using the software, use the help links on this page or contact the professor/T.A. for your class.
GSU has a site license to ChemDraw.
The GSU Chemistry department has ChemDraw installed on their computers.
ChemSketch is a free software similar to ChemDraw and contains other functions such as making chemical movies (above). Other free drawing software includes Symyx Draw and MarvinSketch.
Installing ChemDraw (v.17/18/19/20)
**Important Notes for Mac users**
- If you are running Mac OSX 10.15 (Catalina), it is recommended to download the latest version of ChemDraw. Earlier ChemDraw versions may not work with your operating system.
- The Chem3D feature within ChemDraw is also not available for Mac users, only PC users.
To download and install ChemDraw version 17, 18, 19, or 20:
Versions 17 and up require a second PerkinElmer account login. This account is different from the login you may have used to download version 16. Make sure to use your GSU email address in the account creation.
- Once you are logged in to your new account, look at the left-hand sidebar and select "Home" under "Software and Services". you should see a page titled "Product Information". Below the description, there is a box with two tabs: "Latest Version" and "Prior Versions". It is recommended to download the newest version available, but you can access prior versions if your computer will not support the latest version. Select the version you want.
- The link will take you to a page where you can check boxes to decide whether you want to download the PC or Mac version, and download additional User Guides. Check the boxes you want, and click the blue button at the bottom that says Download Selected Files.
- If you are prompted for an activation code during your installation, return to your PerkinElmer account page, and:
- Go to Order History tab on the left navigation pane
- Click on applicable order #
- Scroll down to the activation code on the right side
For more information or help with versions 17+:
Installing ChemDraw (v.16)
You can use GSU's ChemDraw license to install a copy on your personal computer.
To download ChemDraw version 16:
- Create a free account if you have not downloaded ChemDraw (version 16 and below) before.
- Or Log In if you have downloaded ChemDraw (version 16 and below) before.
- Once you are logged in to "My Account", look at the "Services" column on the right side of the page. Select "My Site Subscription".
- Under "Accessing Your Software", select the link "Download V 16 and earlier Version Site Subscription Software".
- On the "Site Subscription" page, search for "Georgia State University" and select it.
- Under "Access version 16 and below...", select the "Download" button.
- Type in your GSU email address and hit "Submit".
- You should see the message "Your Institution has been verified and now you can download software. Please click "Continue" to start the download process." Click "Continue".
- If asked, confirm your account login again.
- On the next page, look under "PerkinElmer Fulfillment System", and select either the Windows or Mac version of the software. The top of the page also has an option to "Click here to receive a Serial Number in an email." This will send the software serial number to your registered GSU email address.
For more information or help with version 16: