1. Is your company private or public? To determine if your company is private or public, use ReferenceUSA.
2. If your company is private or non-public, continue to retrieve data from ReferenceUSA. Financial information for private companies may be limited since they are not required to file with governmental agencies. The financial estimates available on ReferenceUSA should meet the requirements for your BCOM assignment. SWOT analyses and company profile reports of large non-public companies such as Enterprise Holdings, Chick-Fil-A, Cox Communications are available on Business Search Collection or Business Source Complete.
3. If your company is public, you can still use Reference USA and Business Search Collection/Complete, but MergentOnline provides more complete information on public companies.
4. For customer and SWOT analyses, use the "Company Profiles" in Business Source Complete to get the full reports. Note: Smaller private or startups and public companies may not be available. Please contact your Business Librarian for additional research help.
5. For your company's core values and motivation forces, use the company descriptions in the databases, but the best source can be found on the company websites. The links to the company websites are listed in databases. At the company website, you can look for this type of information under the "Vision & Mission", "About Us", or "Who Are We" headings.
6. For specific instructions on how to find company information, please review the video tutorials below and the "Research Companies" Box.