The GSU Library buildings are closed until further notice due to the coronavirus pandemic.
We cannot currently provide access to our print books or other physical collections (i.e., DVDs, microfilm, Special Collections & Archives).
We also cannot provide physical materials (i.e. books) via GIL Express or Interlibrary Loan.
But all of our electronic resources remain open!
- For a list of our online databases, see the Databases by Name list on the library's homepage.
- You can also sort our databases by subject area using the Databases by Subject dropdown on the library's home page.
- You can search for electronic books in the library's catalog. The Books tab on this guide has information on how to search for ebooks, and on other electronic-book collections being made available.
- You can place Interlibrary Loan requests for articles and for book chapters/sections ONLY (which can be requested and delivered electronically). Expect a lag on these requests, and be aware that we may not be able to fulfill book chapter/section requests due to other libraries not being able to provide access to print books. This includes articles and chapters held in GSU's print collections.
- You can view films through our three streaming services: Kanopy, Films on Demand, and SWANK.
And you can still get help!
- You're here! Check out the resources on this research guide.
- The blue "Ask Us" button on the right-hand side of this page will take you to our chat reference service, staffed by reference librarians from 9am - 9pm Monday-Thursday and 9am - 5pm Fridays.
- We have an extensive list of library FAQs which is available for research assistance 24/7. FAQs related to using the library during social distancing are collected here.
- You can contact me directly via email -- cilck the Email link in the box with my photo in it or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, email is the best way to start with me, but we can also make an appointment to meet via WebEx (rather than in person as previously)