Tornado warnings require you to stay inside a building to protect yourself and others.
1. Stop work or activity.
2. Advise others to stay in the
building due to the emergency. Going
outside poses a risk of injury or death.
3. Move to the lowest floor of the building
if possible. Select an interior room or
stairwell without windows and avoid rooms with mechanical equipment like fume hoods or other ventilation equipment, exterior
windows or doors. Do not use the elevator.
4. If possible, find a room with a landline
telephone as cell phone networks may be overwhelmed.
5. Listen to the radio or television and
monitor e-mail and the GSU web page (www.gsu.edu), indoor and outdoor public address systems until you are told all is safe or to evacuate.
* Look for the designated tornado shelter signs throughout the building for safe areas.