The GSU Library buildings have reopened for the Spring 2021 semester as of January 4, 2021.
**You MUST have your PantherCard to enter the Library buildings.**
The Library North entrance/exit is currently closed due to construction. Please use the Library South entrance/exit.
Visitors not currently affiliated with GSU may only enter the library if they have been given specific permission and can prove that they need to use GSU library resources. Further information, including the GSU Library Access Request Form, is available here.
GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan for books are both available.
Access to books, A/V resources, and GIL Express/ILL materials is available through Express Pickup.
Click here for information on Express Pickup. This service is available to all GSU faculty/staff/students.
Special Collections & Archives is open to researchers by appointment only;
please contact them at email@example.com for assistance.
Saxby's Coffee is closed. There is no eating in the library.
All of our electronic resources remain open!
- For a list of our online databases, see the Databases by Name list on the library's homepage.
- You can also sort our databases by subject area using the Databases by Subject dropdown on the library's home page.
- You can search for electronic books in the library's catalog. The Books tab on this guide has information on how to search for ebooks, and on other electronic-book collections being made available.
- You can place Interlibrary Loan requests for articles and for book chapters/sections (which can be requested and delivered electronically). Expect a lag on these requests, and be aware that we may not be able to fulfill book chapter/section requests due to other libraries not being able to provide access to print books. This includes articles and chapters held in GSU's print collections.
- You can view films through our three streaming services: Kanopy, Films on Demand, and SWANK. (Sadly, the library is not able to provide access to commercial streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
And you can still get help!
- You're here! Check out the resources on this research guide.
- Reference will be done virtually. The red "Chat With Us" button on the right-hand side of this page will take you to our chat reference service, staffed by reference librarians from
- 9am - 9pm Monday-Thursday
- 9am - 5pm Fridays
- 2-6pm Sundays
- We have an extensive list of library FAQs which is available for research assistance 24/7. FAQs related to using the library during social distancing are collected here.
- You can contact me directly via email -- cilck the Email link in the box with my photo in it or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, email is the best way to start with me, but we can also make an appointment to meet via WebEx (rather than in person as previously)
- I will not be available for in-person instruction or consultations until further notice. My Spring 2021 online drop-in office hours in my WebEx room wlll be on Tuesdays from 2pm - 4pm, beginning on January 19.