Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Using SWANK Digital Campus Database
To view SWANK films on your computer or mobile device:
1. Go to the SWANK portal using the link below. You may also access SWANK through The Databases by Name A-Z on the Library Homepage or in GALILEO.
You will be prompted for your GSU username and password if you are off-campus.
2. Once you log into the SWANK portal, you may browse by category or use the search box.
3. Click a thumbnail of a film you want to watch.
If you are on a computer, you may be prompted to download Widevine, as shown below. Your browser will need to be restarted after the plugin is installed.
- If you are on an Android or iOS (Apple) mobile device, you will need to download SWANK Media Player app from your app store.
- To turn on captioning, click a cog image in the right bottom corner of the screen.
Viewing SWANK films in iCollege
Follow instructions below to watch a SWANK film linked in iCollege
- Log into iCollege, select the proper course, and then click the link to the assigned film.
- If you do not have appropriate software on your computer (Microsoft Silverlight or Widevine) you will be prompted to complete a onetime download.
- If the video is not playing or not loading, you need to allow blocked content in your internet browser. Here is how:
- Mozilla Firefox
- A small icon of a shield will appear on the left side of the address bar if the page you are viewing contains unsecure content.
- Click on the shield and click the More Actions arrow.
- Select "Disable Protection" on this page.
- Google Chrome
- A small icon of a shield will appear on the right side of the address bar if the page you are viewing contains unsecure content.
- Click on the shield.
- Select "Load Unsafe Script."
- Internet Explorer
- Popup will appear at the bottom of the page that says "Only secure content is displayed" if the page you are viewing contains unsecure content.
- Click Show all content
Using a Mac? If you are using Safari, try using Chrome or Firefox to see if that resolves you playback issues.
Still having trouble?
Look here for more help...