Before submitting your poster to the printer or for electronic/virtual display,
run through this checklist:
• PROOFREAD, PROOFREAD and then.... PROOFREAD again!
• Is everything spelled correctly?
• Is the poster the correct orientation (landscape or portrait)?
• Is there too much text, too little?
• Does the poster look cluttered (too much information squeezed in, with no whitespace)?
• Have you cited all of your sources? In a consistent and correct format?
• Are your citations and sources correct?
• Cleared use for copyrighted images/data/graphs/graphics?
• Is your contact information correct?
• Do all of your links work? Does your QR code work?
• Are your graphics clear and crisp?
• Is the text size big enough to read from a few feet away?
Double check the class/conference poster requirements –
• Is the poster the right size?
• Is it in the correct file format?
• When is it due – is there enough time to have it printed?
• Are the margins even throughout and is all of your information 1 - 1.5 inches from the edges of the poster/display?
**IMPORTANT** Before you submit your poster to print or for display - enlarge it to 100% on your screen or print your poster to pdf and zoom in to 100% magnification to confirm print quality. If any of your poster's elements look blurry or skewed, fix them before submission.
• Often overlooked consideration for printed poster presentations •
Where/how will this poster hang?
Do you need tape (masking, painters, duct)? Pushpins? Magnets? Binder clips? Easel? Removable sticky/velcro tabs? Grommets? Does it need to be mounted on foamcore? Trifold for table top display? If unknown or in doubt, make sure to bring a few hanging options with you!
Lastly, remember to be prepared to answer questions and to give a short talk about your topic to those who stop by your poster.