Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Georgia State Library research guide for the CINAHL (Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health) database.
Using the special URL linked above allows you to see what holdings GSU has when you view a citation.
What is CINAHL?
CINAHL Plus with Full Text is the world's most comprehensive source of full text for nursing & allied health journals.
- Covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, alternative/complementary medicine, consumer health
- Covers 17 allied health disciplines, including nutrition and dietetics, physical therapy, sports medicine, respiratory therapy and public health
- More than 3.6 million records dating back to 1937
- Full text for more than 760 journals
- Full text for more than 275 books/monographs
- Over 150 interactive continuing educational (CE) modules
- "Grey literature" such as nursing dissertations and conference proceedings
Additional materials include more than 130 Evidence-Based Care Sheets and nearly 170 Quick Lessons which provide concise overviews of diseases and conditions and outline the most effective treatment options.
Health Professions Librarian