Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The GSU Library buildings has reopened as of August 24.
**You MUST have your PantherCard to enter the Library buildings.**
The Library North entrance/exit is currently closed due to construction. Please use the Library South entrance/exit.
Access to books, A/V resources, and GIL Express/ILL materials is available through Express Pickup.
Click here for information on Express Pickup. This service is available to all GSU faculty/staff/students.
Special Collections & Archives is open as of August 24 to researchers by appointment only;
please contact them at email@example.com for assistance.
GIL Express and Interlibrary Loan for books are both available as of August 24.
Saxby's Coffee is closed for the Fall 2020 semester.
All of our electronic resources remain open!
- For a list of our online databases, see the Databases by Name list on the library's homepage.
- You can also sort our databases by subject area using the Databases by Subject dropdown on the library's home page.
- You can search for electronic books in the library's catalog. The Books tab on this guide has information on how to search for ebooks, and on other electronic-book collections being made available.
- You can place Interlibrary Loan requests for articles and for book chapters/sections ONLY (which can be requested and delivered electronically). Expect a lag on these requests, and be aware that we may not be able to fulfill book chapter/section requests due to other libraries not being able to provide access to print books. This includes articles and chapters held in GSU's print collections.
- You can view films through our three streaming services: Kanopy, Films on Demand, and SWANK. (Sadly, the library is not able to provide access to commercial streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, etc.)
And you can still get help!
- You're here! Check out the resources on this research guide.
- Reference will be done virtually. The red "Chat With Us" button on the right-hand side of this page will take you to our chat reference service, staffed by reference librarians from
- 9am - 9pm Monday-Thursday
- 9am - 5pm Fridays
- 2-6pm Sundays (beginning August 30)
- We have an extensive list of library FAQs which is available for research assistance 24/7. FAQs related to using the library during social distancing are collected here.
- You can contact me directly via email -- cilck the Email link in the box with my photo in it or email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. As always, email is the best way to start with me, but we can also make an appointment to meet via WebEx (rather than in person as previously)
- I will not be available for in-person instruction or consultations until further notice, but beginning August 24, I will be holding online drop-in office hours in my WebEx room on Tuesdays from 2pm - 4pm.
Religious Studies Librarian (Humanities Instruction Librarian)