Electronic databases and journals can be accessed off-campus by entering your Campus ID at the prompt as you click on a link from the library website or this research guide.
For GIL account access and requesting materials from GIL Express or ILLiad (Interlibrary Loan), you will need your Library ID.
For more information on these IDs and when they are used as well as troubleshooting, consult this page:Off-Campus Password & Login Information
1. Go to the library home page (www.library.gsu.edu).
2. In the main search box area on the left, Click on “Journals”. It’s the third tab from the left.
3. Enter the journal title. (If you want to limit to electronic journals, you can click the button for “E-journals Only.”)
4. Click on “Go”.
5. If you are limited to electronic, then the journal title will be displayed in red. Click on the journal, listed in red.
6. A list of databases that cover that journal title will appear. The date range for coverage is listed, so consider that when selecting your database.
7. The search interface is a little different for each database, but most databases let you browse and search for specific terms.
Options for accessing articles are located in the article citation.
PDF Full Text link or HTML Full Text Link: the article is available online within the database you are using. When there is an option, always select the PDF link as it provides original content in its original format and is easier to read.
When you see this icon in an article citation, click on it and a Find It @ GSU window will open with options for finding the article either from another database (Full Text Available From link).
If not available full-text, the article could be available in print in the library (We May Have a Copy in Print link will go to the GIL Catalog record to show location).
If print or online access is not available, there will be a link in the Find It @ GSU window to request the article via ILL (Interlibrary Loan) from another library.