Microsoft's Microsoft Office Support Center
Lifewire's (formerly About.com) Office Software and
For Dummies: Featuered Microsoft Office Articles and Videos.
Back to Handouts for You
1) Find a YouTube and copy its URL from the box that pops up when you click Share.
2) Have a blank PowerPoint slide ready. You can make extra slides with duplicate slide. You can make the slide blank by right clicking on it and choosing layout and selecting the blank option.
3) Click Insert on the ribbon.
4) Select Media. Under Media select Video and under Video select Online Video. These menus cascade. See the illustration to the left. left.
5) Paste your YouTube URL in the search bar next to the Youtube symbol.
6) Click the magnifying glass.
7) Select your video.
8) Your video appears nearly ready to go on a slide. Feel free to move or stretch it.
9) You can also add a text box or other illustration next to it as in the finished slide below.
Note: this technique does not yet work for Vimeo or Instagram videos.