- Introduce EndNote.
- Demonstrate how to import citations and insert in Word
- Demonstrate paraphrasing, quoting a source and internal citations.
- Know how to import citations from databases and Google Scholar into EndNote (manually and via database function)
- Know how to use EndNote with Word
- Know how to paraphrase, quote a source, and enter in-text citation
Question: How do you import a PDF file and have the reference information added to the library?
Open your EndNote Library. Click on File and choose Import. Click on File. Click on the Choose button and locate the PDF you wish to convert into a reference. Click Open. In Import Option, select the PDF option. In Duplicates, choose one the following options: Import All: All references, including duplicates, are imported.
Question: Where's the export file from Health Management Database (ProQuest) for my Microsoft computer?
Make sure your computer allows pop ups. After selecting SAVE to export file to EndNote, another window should appear.
Download this document to use in our exercise.