Let's say, for example, we are looking for articles from and about Germany.
Searching Factiva for News FROM Germany
- Use the (default) Search Builder screen
- Click on Source
- Select Source By Region
- Choose Europe → Western Europe → Germany
- Enter search terms and run your search
- Keep in mind that Factiva assumes you are doing a phrase search. Remember to use Boolean Connectors (and, or, not) to combine terms.
Searching Factiva for News ABOUT Germany
- From the Search Builder screen use the Region limiter to select Germany. Your search results will be about, but not necessarily from, Germany.
- Alternatively, you can keep the default settings in place and use Germany as a search term.