Search the GSU Library GIL-Find Catalog
Note: Using this feature will take you away from this subject guide.
1. Use quotes to search for phrases:
2. Add an asterisk * to the stem of a word to search for various word endings:
ethic* will return ethic, ethics, ethical
3. Use AND and OR to narrow or expand your search results (note: AND and OR must be typed in all caps).
- AND: Connecting words with AND narrows your results. When you connect your search terms with AND you are telling the database or search tool that all of the search terms you connected with AND must be included in the results list. The more words you connect with AND the fewer results you will retrieve.
Example: bp AND "oil spill"
- OR: Connecting words with OR expands your results. When you connect your search terms with OR you are telling the database or search tool that your results list should contain ANY or ALL of the words you connected with OR. The more words you connect with OR the more results you will retrieve.
Example: gulf OR "deep horizon" OR macondo.