- Lesson Plan, parts 1, 2, and 3*
- Student-Centered Inquiry I*: Propaganda as a Photographer's Tool; Consider three questions as you try to understand the images you are viewing, in order to determining the propaganda value of a photo
- Student-Centered Inquiry II*: A Comparison of Jacob A. Riis's, Lewis Hine’s, and O Delight Smith's Photography;
Compare photographs taken by O. Delight Smith during the Fulton Bag and Cotton Mill Strike to the child labor photographs taken by Jacob Riis and Lewis Hines
- Student-Centered Inquiry III*: Developing Titles and Captions for Images from O. Delight Smith's Scrapbook;
Review sample titles and captions for O. Delight Smith’s photographs, and then try to create your own
* Download Lesson Plan, Student-Centered Inquiries, and documents below.
Documents and Images