Your number’s up. Time to get it down!
To increase the security of your Georgia State University Library account, the statewide University System of Georgia now requires that all library users enter a new PIN for account access. Without this PIN, you will be unable to access your library account to renew books online, get your GALILEO password or check your fines, due dates and requests. The following instructions will help you get your PIN and use it to access your account.
How To Get Your PIN
- Go to your library account login page at: http://www.library.gsu.edu/myaccount
- Enter your Library ID# (located on the back of your Panther Card)
- Enter your last name.
- Click on the Get My Pin link. A temporary PIN will be immediately e-mailed to you. In most cases, this should be to your university e-mail address (such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org ). Your campus ID is also on your Panther Card.
- Once you have received your temporary PIN, log in to your account again at http://www.library.gsu.edu/myaccount
- Change your PIN by clicking on the Change PIN button directly under your name & address under "Personal Information."
NOTE: Using Internet Explorer to change your PIN will cause the browser to hang up for a minute or so while completing the process. Firefox is recommended if possible because it does not have a delay.
NEED MORE HELP? CALL THE USER SERVICES DESK: 404.413.2820
In an effort to provide more security in accessing your account online, the use of a PIN has been implemented. Since the user determines the PIN, this helps insure the prevention of unauthorized access to your account.
What will I need a PIN to do?
Any time you log in to your account online:
- Getting the GALILEO password
- Viewing the list of items you have checked out
- Renewing materials online
- Making requests
- Reviewing the status of requested materials
How will I get my PIN?
At the My Account screen:
- Enter your library barcode number or institution ID number.
- Enter your last name
- Click on the Get My Pin link. A temporary PIN will be immediately emailed to you.
- Once you have received your temporary PIN, log in to your account
- Change your PIN by clicking on the Change PIN button directly under your name & address in your patron account
NOTE: Using Internet Explorer to change your PIN will cause the browser to hang up for a minute or so while completing the process.
Firefox is recommended if possible because it does not have a delay.
- 5 to 12 alphanumeric characters
- No special characters
PINs should be random and unique letters and digits. Although this may make it harder to remember, your accounts will be better protected. Do not use information for your PIN that could be easily guessed.
What if I don’t have an email address?
Your PIN will be received via email so your library account must have a valid, current email address. Contact the User Services Desk if you need to verify this information. If you do not have access to email, contact the User Services Desk to receive a PIN.
What if I forget my PIN?
You can use the “Get My PIN” link on the login screen at anytime to have it emailed to you if you forget your PIN.